Pyxis Great Lakes Inc.
||Monday Oct. 22, Tuesday Oct. 23 - 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
This course is the first step in moving organizations towards recognizing and solving their persistant business problems by focusing on Value. Leveraging the world class teachings of Toyota participants will learn to resolve problems by developing a Value Driven Culture. The course teaches proven, implementable and repeatable solutions designed to provide relief to struggling operations teams. Participants will better understand the culture, language and tools that create high performing teams of fully engaged players by focusing on the Value Exponential (Value People; Live by Values; Deliver Value)
Through discussions, workshops and presentations of the best-known models on the market, participants will experiment and debate of different techniques, methods and approaches as well as beneficiate from concrete learning that they will be able to apply in their organizational context.
What you will learn
- An understanding of the Agile organization and the history of the quality and lean movements
- A comparative analysis of Agile, Scrum and Six Sigma
- An understanding of the Principals and values which underscore the Agile movement (Agile Manifesto & Toyota Production System, The Value Exponential)
- The Agile Spine Model
- Understanding of the 8 forms of waste & & practical strategies for Waste Reduction
- The 5 S’s of the organized work place
- Understanding of the concepts of Flow and Pull
- Ways to standardize and reduce delivery time
- An introduction to the use of Kanban boards
- Simple C.I.
- A repeatable model for the application of Continuous Improvement techniques including:
- Identification and Engagement of key players
- Defining the Problem state and Desired state
- § Measuring success
- A collection of Tools, Processes and Procedures from Lean and Six Sigma
- A3 reporting
- Corporate Leaders, Management, Members of Front line operations/delivery teams from:
- o Any organization of 7 to 70,000 people
- o Profit and non-profit sectors
- o Any industry
What food is available on site?
Refreshments will be provided free of charge to participants.
Light refreshments will be provided from 8:30am and again in the afternoon as well as a catered lunch.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Free reserved parking is availble for participants in Parking Lot P1
Transit and Bike information can be found ont the Loyalist College website
**photo credt Austin Chan (@austinchan) on Unsplash.com